[docs] [issue26366] Use “.. versionadded” over “.. versionchanged” where appropriate

Tony R. report at bugs.python.org
Mon Feb 15 10:49:23 EST 2016

New submission from Tony R.:

In the documentation, I noticed several uses of ``.. versionchanged::`` that described things which had been added.

I love Python, and its documentation, and I wanted to contribute.  So, I figured a low-risk contribution would be to change ``.. versionchanged::`` to “.. versionadded” where appropriate.  (I also tweaked the descriptions accordingly.  E.g., “Added the *x* argument” became “The *x* argument”, because it’s unnecessary to say “added” in a description under “.. versionadded”.)

I did also make a few unrelated tweaks along the way--all very minor, and related to phrasing or formatting.

Please let me know if I can do anything else to get this merged!

components: Documentation
files: _docs-version-markup.patch
keywords: patch
messages: 260313
nosy: Tony R., docs at python
title: Use “.. versionadded” over “.. versionchanged” where appropriate
type: enhancement
Added file: http://bugs.python.org/file41929/_docs-version-markup.patch