[docs] [issue25916] wave module readframes now returns bytes not str

Serhiy Storchaka report at bugs.python.org
Fri Jan 1 16:30:54 EST 2016

Serhiy Storchaka added the comment:

Another uses of this idiom:

"string of 16 bytes" in uuid.rst and uuid.py
"string of *n* random bytes" in os.rst
"string of bytes" in bytesio.c

And a number of uses "bytestring", "byte string" and "bytes string". I think that either all occurrences should be changed consistently, or nothing. Personally I'm good with all these "string of bytes", "bytestring", etc, it is clear to me that that mean bytes or bytes-like objects. What is a bug, it's using the term "string" without "bytes" for bytes strings (there are a lot of such Python 2 remnants in the documentation and comments).