[docs] [issue25907] Documentation i18n: Added trans tags in sphinx templates

Julien report at bugs.python.org
Sat Jan 23 06:23:31 EST 2016

Julien added the comment:

@naoki Not sure, but with those patches you'll may be able to translate the documentation without forking it. Like we're doing here: https://github.com/afpy/python_doc_fr

Also did you contacted the upstream to ask them if they want to cross-link your versions ? Sphinx don't natively support it, but it still doable and can be a nice way to advertise our efforts (I mean, I'm sure a lot of french people don't know we're doing it and stuck to the english version).

I heard we used transfiex too like 6 years ago, long before me being on the project, I may drop an eye on it, thanks.

It may be a bit out of the scope of this issue, so let's continue elsewhere, like by email if you want I'm julien at palard dot fr.

BTW, nice to hear we're not alone to translate the Python doc :-))).