[docs] [issue26244] zlib.compressobj level default value documentation

Martin Panter report at bugs.python.org
Sat Jan 30 16:00:40 EST 2016

Martin Panter added the comment:

I’m not sure that is perfectly correct. It really does default to -1, and that is passed to the underlying zlib library (-1 = Z_DEFAULT_COMPRESSION). It is the zlib library that decides that this means 6, but in theory I guess it could be configured or modified in the future with a different default. Perhaps we should clarify the text in the documentation (including the doc string) to say this instead?

At the very least, the documentation should continue to say that -1 is acceptable, and what it means.

nosy: +martin.panter
stage:  -> patch review
versions: +Python 3.5