[docs] [issue27422] Deadlock when mixing threading and multiprocessing

R. David Murray report at bugs.python.org
Tue Jul 5 07:25:29 EDT 2016

R. David Murray added the comment:

Heh, yeah.  What I was really trying to do by that comment was clarify for any *other* readers that stumble on this issue later it is just the python code that *has* to be constrained by the GIL.  I have no idea how much of the scipy stack drops the gil at strategic spots.  I do seem to remember that the the Jupyter uses multiple processes for its parallelism, though.  Anyway, this is pretty off topic now :)