[docs] [issue27604] More details about `-O` flag

Ram Rachum report at bugs.python.org
Sun Jul 24 15:13:20 EDT 2016

Ram Rachum added the comment:

So... The reasoning is that if someone adds optimizations to Python's `-O` mode (Something that hasn't happened in the last decade or two, right?) we want to save them from going to the trouble of writing two or three sentences in the docs describing the optimizations? Isn't it standard practice to require people who contribute code to Python to add documentation for their changes?

Anyway, I think that it'll be a good idea to add two or three sentences that document it. Would you like a patch? If so against which version?