[docs] [issue25931] os.fork() command distributed in windows Python27 (in SocketServer module)

Gregory P. Smith report at bugs.python.org
Fri Jun 3 01:37:55 EDT 2016

Gregory P. Smith added the comment:

It may be worth rolling back the above two commits.  I'm not sure.  I'd like to see if anything else falls out of this during the beta phases.

There is a chance that some library has code similar to that found in test_socketserver.py that defines classes that inherit from the Forking type(s) but which are conditionally never used on Windows.  The above commit would break that.  I'm not sure how common that'll be.