[docs] [issue26602] argparse doc introduction is inappropriately targeted

Brian Guo report at bugs.python.org
Wed Mar 23 00:18:27 EDT 2016

Brian Guo added the comment:

Hi,

I agree with your observation about the unnecessarily complicated documentation. I feel that there is not a real necessity to include an example that uses (metavar='N', nargs='+') or even (const='sum', default='max') inside the parameters of the add_argument method, as they are not explained in the beginning section and simply appear to contribute clutter.

For this reason, I have written an easier document to understand (still keeping the sidebar tutorial, because it is a helpful reference). I use instead a method that accepts a string and returns the first letter. I hope this will add to the clarity of the document.

keywords: +patch
nosy: +BGuo1
Added file: http://bugs.python.org/file42248/bguo.patch