[docs] [issue18730] suffix parameter in NamedTemporaryFile silently fails when not prepending with a period

Terry J. Reedy report at bugs.python.org
Sat May 7 19:37:16 EDT 2016

Terry J. Reedy added the comment:

Correct.  The doc I quoted was for the unlying mkstemp function.  I should have said so even though this fact was easily discovered. So by docstring, I meant the one for mkstemp also, which is currently 27 lines.  The docstring for the high level functions should not change.

I proposed to shorten the docstring by combining the sentences for prefix and suffix, while adding a bit of info.  I decided to withdraw this suggestion and close this issue.

assignee: docs at python -> terry.reedy
resolution:  -> rejected
stage: patch review -> resolved
status: open -> closed