[docs] [issue2675] Curses terminal resize problems when Python is in interactive mode

Martin Panter report at bugs.python.org
Sat May 14 21:05:47 EDT 2016

Martin Panter added the comment:

For the record, this is my interpretation of Pavel’s demo:

If you press a key (other than lowercase “q”) or resize the terminal, it displays the terminal dimensions in the top-left corner. Without Readline, the dimensions are updated when the terminal resizes.

When Readline is used (interactive mode, or simply “import readline”), the reported dimensions are static, which I understand is the bug.

Documentating this quirk may be a good start.

assignee:  -> docs at python
components: +Documentation
nosy: +docs at python, martin.panter
stage: test needed -> needs patch
versions: +Python 2.7, Python 3.5, Python 3.6 -Python 3.3