[docs] [issue28614] Slice limit documentation could be misinterpreted in Python 2.

Terry J. Reedy report at bugs.python.org
Fri Nov 11 20:00:03 EST 2016

Terry J. Reedy added the comment:

n < (j-i)/k is a straightforward translation of i + n*k < j, and vice verse, where / is rational division.  It is incorrect to integerize the result and the doc does not say to do so.  In Python 3, there is no ambiguity, and the doc is *not* incorrect, and does not need to be changed.  In Python 2, I think it still clear enough, but we could add "(where / indicates rational division)'.  However, I also think this might be too nitpicky.  I am inclined to think that this should be closed.

title: Slice limit documentation could be interpreted in Python 2. -> Slice limit documentation could be misinterpreted in Python 2.