[docs] [issue28681] About function renaming in the tutorial

R. David Murray report at bugs.python.org
Sun Nov 13 12:24:11 EST 2016

R. David Murray added the comment:

I would rewrite that paragraph as follows:

   A function definition associates the function name with
   the function object in the current symbol table.  The
   interpreter recognizes the object pointed to by that
   name as a user-defined function.  Other names can also
   point to that same function object and can then also
   be used as a function.

You will note that I've dropped the mention of renaming entirely, since the function does know it's __name__, and introducing that topic at this point in the tutorial would be confusing and unnecessary.  (NB: one could also say "referenced" and "reference" rather than "pointed to" and "point to"; I'm not sure which is more in line with the rest of the tutorial).

nosy: +r.david.murray