[docs] [issue28499] Logging module documentation needs a rework.

Pierre Bousquie report at bugs.python.org
Sat Oct 22 05:23:17 EDT 2016

Pierre Bousquie added the comment:

Hi stephane,

I have tweeted Florian and he is still interested.

I think the doc has a lot of information but does not organize it efficiently.

My notes from the conference:
- Logging reccord attribute is at 16.6.7 (middle of the doc) and that's a must to fine tune the message.

- Configuration: the "interesting" (read: must read for use in production) is in advanced tutorial: configuration...
https://docs.python.org/3.7/howto/logging.html#configuring-logging
aaaandd in :
https://docs.python.org/3.7/library/logging.config.html#module-logging.config

- Lots of information are also in the "See also" section.

and I had a personal fail time with logrotate... wich will work with python logging only if it used with WatchFileHandler.
https://docs.python.org/3.7/library/logging.handlers.html#logging.handlers.WatchedFileHandler

This is in the doc but only in handles section.