[docs] [issue27292] Warn users that os.urandom() prior to 3.6 can return insecure values

Nick Coghlan report at bugs.python.org
Tue Sep 6 22:34:23 EDT 2016

Nick Coghlan added the comment:

PEP 524 has been implemented for 3.6b1 in #27776, so os.urandom() itself will now do the right thing for cryptographic use cases on Linux. Accordingly, I've removed Python 3.6 from the affected versions for this issue.

I've also flagged this as purely a documentation issue, since no behavioural changes are currently proposed for older versions.

assignee:  -> docs at python
components: +Documentation -Library (Lib)
nosy: +docs at python, ncoghlan
title: Warn users that os.urandom() can return insecure values -> Warn users that os.urandom() prior to 3.6 can return insecure values
versions:  -Python 3.6