[docs] [issue31024] typing.Tuple is class but is defined as data inside https://docs.python.org/3.6/objects.inv

Guido van Rossum report at bugs.python.org
Tue Aug 22 18:27:47 EDT 2017

Guido van Rossum added the comment:

Thanks, I am a little closer to understanding now.

> once intersphinx looks at the Tuple during documentation generation it deduces it actually is of type class

How does intersphinx deduce this? Also, does it run when we generate the Python docs, or when you generate the docs for your project (that references the Python docs)? Finally, are there other objects in the typing for which this is a problem? (I guess I could answer this myself once I understand how intersphinx decides whether something is a class or data.)

I also think this is somewhat unfortunate, because it seems that whenever something is changed from "class" to "data" or vice versa, intersphinx will be confused, even though it's easy to give examples where such a change could be backwards compatible.