[docs] [issue31274] Support building against homebrew on macOS

Barry A. Warsaw report at bugs.python.org
Thu Aug 24 23:21:17 EDT 2017

New submission from Barry A. Warsaw:

The devguide does touch on how to build Python from source using homebrew installed libraries on macOS, although I found it to be 1) a bit incomplete; 2) not so easy to discover.

It might make sense to modify configure to autodetect homebrew, or to have a switch to enable linking against homebrew libraries.

Barring that, I'd like to at least update the devguide to include details on how to also build sqlite3 and zlib modules.

components: Build, Documentation
messages: 300819
nosy: barry, docs at python
title: Support building against homebrew on macOS
versions: Python 3.6, Python 3.7