[docs] [issue31283] Inconsistent behaviours with explicit and implicit inheritance from object

shadowadler report at bugs.python.org
Sat Aug 26 14:28:21 EDT 2017

shadowadler added the comment:

The two phrases you present are significantly different- one draws an equivalence. The other does not. That in essence is what this is all about.

The difference between an indirect and direct reference in the class inheritance syntax is neither implied nor mentioned in the documentation. It led me to expect one behaviour and find another. That is the extent of my issue, and the fix seems to be to be small.