[docs] [issue32212] few discrepancy between source and docs in logging

Vinay Sajip report at bugs.python.org
Wed Dec 6 15:22:26 EST 2017

Vinay Sajip <vinay_sajip at yahoo.co.uk> added the comment:

I don't have a problem with tweaking the documentation where discrepancies are found between source and doc for keyword arguments, but in both the examples you give, the arguments are positional, not keyword. Therefore in my opinion your code should be e.g.

logger.setLevel(logging.DEBUG)

and

stream_handler.setFormatter(formatter)

without using keyword arguments. For positionals, as I see it, the name shouldn't matter, nor should any minor discrepancy between doc and source.

resolution:  -> not a bug
status: open -> pending