[docs] [issue32212] few discrepancy between source and docs in logging

R. David Murray report at bugs.python.org
Thu Dec 7 00:10:37 EST 2017

R. David Murray <rdmurray at bitdance.com> added the comment:

It does matter, though, because in Python you can specify a positional argument as if it were a keyword argument if you use the name from the source rather than the documented name.  We have made other doc corrections along these lines.  We've even done it for C functions where you can't specify the argument as if it were a keyword argument, though that is considerably more rare.

That's a different question from the question of whether typing/linters should care, though.  Arguably they should recommend specifying them as positionals.

status: pending -> open