[docs] [issue29249] Pathlib glob ** bug

Dustin Spicuzza report at bugs.python.org
Fri Dec 8 14:40:12 EST 2017

Dustin Spicuzza <dustin at virtualroadside.com> added the comment:

Because of backwards compatibility (despite a statement saying it's not guaranteed for pathlib), I think the best approach would be to create a 'globmatch' function for PurePath instead of modifying the match function, and document that the match function does a different kind of matching.

This isn't a patch for cpython per se (ironically, don't have time for that this month...), but here's a MIT-licensed gist that patches pathlib2 and adds a globmatch function to it, plus associated tests extracted from pathlib2 and my own ** related tests. Works for me, feel free to do with it as you wish.

https://gist.github.com/virtuald/dd0373bf3f26ec0730adf1da0fb929bb