[docs] PyImport_ExecCodeModuleWithPathnames documentation is wrong

Florian Link florian.link at mevis.de
Tue Dec 12 09:26:11 EST 2017

Hi,

the PyImport_ExecCodeModuleWithPathnames documentation states that the
char* strings should be encoded in UTF-8.

But looking at the Python C code, it is aparent that
PyUnicode_DecodeFSDefault is used to convert these string, so the
documentation need to state the the string should be encoded as in the
default of the local filesystem.

https://docs.python.org/3/c-api/import.html#c.PyImport_ExecCodeModuleWithPathnames

regards,
Florian

P.S. I ran into this because I passed in UTF-8 and the __file__
attribute of the imported modules was wrong afterwards.

Florian Link
MeVisLab

Tel.: +49-421-22495 579
Fax:  +49-421-22495 899
www.mevis.de / www.mevislab.de

MeVis Medical Solutions AG
Caroline-Herschel-Str. 1
28359 Bremen
Germany

Trade Registry: Bremen HRB 23791
VAT ID: DE250659412

Executive Board: Marcus Kirchhoff (Chairman), Dr. Robert Hannemann
Chairperson of Supervisory Board: Kimberley E. Honeysett