[docs] [issue29520] Documentation uses deprecated "defindex.html" Sphinx template

tomo cocoa report at bugs.python.org
Sun Feb 19 03:35:29 EST 2017

tomo cocoa added the comment:

As for CPython documents, these uses only one assignment statement (``{% set ... %}``) [1]_, one h1 element and one p element [2]_ of defindex.html.
These fragments are used to generate following sentences::

   Python 3.6.0 documentation

   Welcome! This is the documentation for Python 3.6.0, last updated Feb 19, 2017.

.. [1] https://github.com/sphinx-doc/sphinx/blob/8ecd7ff08249739bbc6d900527fe9306592456ab/sphinx/themes/basic/defindex.html#L11

.. [2] https://github.com/sphinx-doc/sphinx/blob/8ecd7ff08249739bbc6d900527fe9306592456ab/sphinx/themes/basic/defindex.html#L13-L18

Therefore, I suggest that we should make indexcontent.html extend layout.html directly and insert the jinja2 code into indexcontent.html in order to generate the sentences above
(which is much the same option as mixture of JDLH's option 1 and 3).

After I wrote this comment, I notice inada.naoki had created `pull request #165 <https://github.com/python/cpython/pull/165>`_.

nosy: +cocoatomo