[docs] [issue29390] Python Tutorial should introduce iterators and generators

Jim Fasarakis-Hilliard report at bugs.python.org
Mon Jan 30 06:37:44 EST 2017

Jim Fasarakis-Hilliard added the comment:

What change do you have in mind for introducing these?

As for my personal opinion, dunno about this. I understand your concerns but dropping more terminology to a new learner early on wouldn't be the best idea in my view.

>From what I am aware, Python is not becoming one of the *first* languages people learn due to its friendly nature. Adding concepts like generators and iterators when a new user is struggling with appends and mutability doesn't seem like it would help.

BTW, iterators and generators are discussed in the Classes section of the tutorial, don't you think this suffices?

nosy: +Jim Fasarakis-Hilliard