[docs] Document return value of epoll.poll (issue 29247)

berker.peksag at gmail.com berker.peksag at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 08:36:32 EST 2017

On 2017/01/30 13:55:49, marco.buttu wrote:
> On 2017/01/30 13:13:36, berkerpeksag wrote:
> >
> > I agree that the current wording is not ideal. What about
> >
> >    If *timeout* is a float then the call waits for at most that many
seconds.
> >    If *timeout* is -1 (the default) then it will wait for an
unlimited period.

> The patch you attached is fine to me. I was just pointing out that
there is a
> missing dot after "(float)". If in addition you integrate with your
last
> sentence (If *timeout* is -1 (the default) then it will wait for an
unlimited
> period.), maybe it would also be better.

You probably right about the typo (I haven't checked yet and I'm not
really good with punctuation rules in English :)), but even if we fix
that typo, current wording doesn't exactly conform with our general
documentation guidelines so I wanted to rewrite the whole sentence.

Thanks for the review!

https://bugs.python.org/review/29247/