[docs] [issue30940] Documentation for round() is incorrect.

Mark Dickinson report at bugs.python.org
Mon Jul 17 03:17:00 EDT 2017

Mark Dickinson added the comment:

[Serhiy]
> Wasn't this change a mistake? Seems Mark opposed to it.

Shrug. It seemed unnecessary to me to explicitly support `None` as a second argument, but it's done now; reverting the change at this point would do more harm than good.

So indeed there's a minor inaccuracy in the docs here. I'd suggest replacing the sentence identified with:

"The return value is an integer if *ndigits* is omitted or *None*. Otherwise the return value has the same type as *number*."