[docs] [issue30787] Please add a comprehensive index of decorators to the documentation.

Brett Cannon report at bugs.python.org
Fri Jun 30 11:42:18 EDT 2017

Brett Cannon added the comment:

Both staticmethod and contextmanager are in the index under "S" and "C". But if you mean they were hard to discover, having them under a list of decorators wouldn't have necessarily helped since, as we pointed out, you may get misled to look for a decorator when in fact there was a better solution that wasn't a decorator.

I'm closing this as "not a bug" since listing everything twice -- once under its name and once under its type/expected usage -- is just going to lead to unwieldy lists that are ridiculously long that no one is going to peruse.

resolution:  -> not a bug
stage:  -> resolved
status: open -> closed