[docs] [issue29844] Windows Python installers not installing DLL to System32/SysWOW64

Steve Dower report at bugs.python.org
Sat Mar 18 10:37:15 EDT 2017

Steve Dower added the comment:

I don't even think there's documentation to fix, the install page should say where things are installed.

The system directory is for the system to install files - the Python installer is not a system component, it's a developer kit. For most cases, the install directory was "fixed" rather than broken.

If you have particular needs to install a system-wide python3x.dll, I'd suggest crafting your own install script from the files in a normal install (though putting the install directory on PATH should also enable dependency resolution for most processes).