[docs] [issue30350] devguide suggests to use VS 2008 to build Python 2.7, but VS 2008 is no more supported?

Jeremy Kloth report at bugs.python.org
Sun May 14 21:45:21 EDT 2017

Jeremy Kloth added the comment:

Now that my buildbot is back online, there is one unresolved issue pertaining to using VS9.0 only for building.  That is building without Perl.  It was a supported feature prior to backporting the MSBuild toolchain.  With recent OpenSSL releases, without Perl is no longer functional.

I have a changeset that restores this ability, but would like to know if that change was intentional, or just missed due to not having any buildbots covering VS9.0-only builds.