[docs] [issue32124] Document functions safe to be called before Py_Initialize()

Serhiy Storchaka report at bugs.python.org
Fri Nov 24 09:09:12 EST 2017

Serhiy Storchaka <storchaka+cpython at gmail.com> added the comment:

Are you sure about PyMem_Malloc() and PyObject_Malloc()? What functions require them? I thought only PyMem_RawMalloc() can be called before Py_Initialize().

I think that for all functions that *can* or *should* be called before Py_Initialize() this should be explicitly documented in the documentation of this function, like for Py_SetProgramName() and PyImport_AppendInittab().

nosy: +serhiy.storchaka