[docs] Shortcuts bug in Python IDLE

Constantine Ketskalo konstantin.ketskalo at gmail.com
Tue Oct 3 04:50:30 EDT 2017

Hi, I've written this info to your forum. But is Terry Reedy even in pyhon
team or is she just some troll? Saying it's impossible to fix this bug?
https://bugs.python.org/issue31244
Look, here is the list of countries, that use cyrillic alphabet. This is
the list of countries, that are going to be unable to use hotkeys in Python
IDLE, when they are coding and switch input language to their native
language to write a comment.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cyrillic_alphabets
Looks like your hotkeys are bound to characters output by keys, however
every key on the keyboard actually has its own id, that is independent of
the language chosen for typing. So if you just bind your hotkeys to
keyboard buttons id instead of characters produced by keys pressed - it's
going to be easy and universal handling of this bug, that's going to work
all over the world.