[docs] [issue28805] Add documentation for METH_FASTCALL and _PyObject_FastCall*()

STINNER Victor report at bugs.python.org
Wed Oct 4 11:16:57 EDT 2017

STINNER Victor <victor.stinner at gmail.com> added the comment:

> Can we please document these for Python 3.7 at least?

I chose to not document FASTCALL on purpose in Python 3.6, I wanted to keep everything private, until we get enough feedback and stabilize the API.

Recently, the FASTCALL API changed: METH_FASTCALL doesn't support keywords anymore. You have to pass METH_FASTCALL|METH_KEYWORDS.

It seems like the API became stable.

I don't know if we should make the API public or not. PyPy would complain as usual that we give them more work to do :-D