[docs] Fwd: Clarity for curses.wrapper

Tj Barclay barclata at gmail.com
Fri Oct 20 02:40:30 EDT 2017

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Tj Barclay <barclata at gmail.com>
Date: Fri, Oct 20, 2017 at 1:20 AM
Subject: Clarity for curses.wrapper
To: docs at python.org

MAJOR DISCLAIMER: I'm 7.4ish beers deep

In the documentation for the curses library of Python 3.6 it mentions that
curses.wrapper(*function*) will do some common curses initializations
before running *function*. Then it will run *function* waiting for a thrown
exception or the end before doing some cleanup. It does not however
explicitly state that the return value of curses.initscr() is passed into
that function. It is only implicitly shown through the code example.

For the sake of future drunk programmers, please make that more clear.

I super understand this is stupid and minor and I could be mistaken (SEE
DISCLAIMER)

Best,
TJ

--
TJ Barclay
Electrcial Engineering &Computer Science, University of Kansas
tjbarclay at ku.edu
+1 316 259 2250 <(316)%20259-2250>

Yes, I am a moron.

My complaint is blown up by the 'real' curses documentation.

I was looking at the curses HOWTO which is why I was confused.

I apologize for the mistake.

Best,
TJ

tjbarclay at ku.edu