[docs] [issue31378] Missing documentation for sqlite3.OperationalError

Berker Peksag report at bugs.python.org
Thu Sep 7 04:44:37 EDT 2017

Berker Peksag added the comment:

Thank you for the report. I think we can add a simplified version of the OperationalError documentation in PEP 249:

    Exception raised for errors that are related to the database's
    operation and not necessarily under the control of the programmer,
    e.g. an unexpected disconnect occurs, the data source name is not
    found, a transaction could not be processed, a memory allocation
    error occurred during processing, etc. It must be a subclass of
    DatabaseError.

Reference: https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0249/#operationalerror

nosy: +berker.peksag
stage:  -> needs patch
versions:  -Python 3.3, Python 3.4, Python 3.5