[docs] [issue31515] Doc for os.makedirs is inconsistent with actual behaviour

Franck Pommereau report at bugs.python.org
Tue Sep 19 04:04:54 EDT 2017

New submission from Franck Pommereau:

Documentation of os.makedirs says "The default mode is 0777 (octal)" but when I use os.makedirs("foo"), the directory is created with permissions 0755.
Documentation should be updated or default mode fixed.

I've tested it only with Python 2.7.6 and 3.4.3 (those installed on my computer).

components: Documentation, Library (Lib)
messages: 302507
nosy: docs at python, fpom
title: Doc for os.makedirs is inconsistent with actual behaviour
type: behavior
versions: Python 2.7, Python 3.4