[docs] [issue31582] Add _pth breadcrumb to sys.path documentation

Steve Dower report at bugs.python.org
Fri Sep 29 17:19:25 EDT 2017

Steve Dower <steve.dower at python.org> added the comment:

Sounds like a good idea.

I hope that sys.path initialization is documented as well for POSIX as it is for Windows, as that will make this a simple "for X, click here; for Y, click here" patch. Otherwise, someone will need to figure out exactly what rules are followed so they can be documented.

(Hey Eric - when we get that Python initialization script, we can have one set of rules for inferring sys.path on all platforms in easy-to-read Python code :) )

nosy: +eric.snow
stage:  -> needs patch
versions: +Python 3.6, Python 3.7