[docs] [issue34328] Question Incorrect URL for the Visual C++ Build Tools

sakamotoaya report at bugs.python.org
Fri Aug 3 01:21:37 EDT 2018

New submission from sakamotoaya <aya.sakamoto at outlook.com>:

I try "python setup.py".
The following issue has occurred.

Excerpt from Error
ーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーー
reading manifest template 'MANIFEST.in'
writing manifest file 'scikit_learn.egg-info\SOURCES.txt'
running build_ext
No module named 'numpy.distutils._msvccompiler' in numpy.distutils; trying from
distutils
customize MSVCCompiler
Missing compiler_cxx fix for MSVCCompiler
customize MSVCCompiler using build_clib
building 'libsvm-skl' library
compiling C sources
error: Microsoft Visual C++ 14.0 is required. Get it with "Microsoft Visual C++
Build Tools": http://landinghub.visualstudio.com/visual-cpp-build-tools
ーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーーー

Expired link:
http://landinghub.visualstudio.com/visual-cpp-build-tools

I think The new link:
https://download.microsoft.com/download/5/F/7/5F7ACAEB-8363-451F-9425-68A90F98B238/visualcppbuildtools_full.exe

Please give me advice on how I should correct those error message.

components: Windows
messages: 323024
nosy: HiyashiChuka, docs at python, paul.moore, steve.dower, tim.golden, zach.ware
title: Question Incorrect URL for the Visual C++ Build Tools
type: behavior
versions: Python 3.6, Python 3.7, Python 3.8