[docs] [issue34398] Docs search does not index glossary

Jonathan Fine report at bugs.python.org
Tue Aug 14 03:52:28 EDT 2018

New submission from Jonathan Fine <jfine2358 at gmail.com>:

The docs contain a very useful page https://docs.python.org/3.5/glossary.html. However, the search feature does not index the glossary.

Thus, the search https://docs.python.org/3.5/search.html?q=iterable does not produce the helpful glossary entry
===
iterable
An object capable of returning its members one at a time. Examples of iterables include all sequence types (such as list, str, and tuple) and some non-sequence types like dict, file objects, and objects of any  [...]
===

#788509 is the only docs issue I could find, whose title contains glossary. It gives insight into the thoughts then about the tutorial. In msg44460 Skip Montaro says (1) that the glossary is "for the tutorial", and (2) he'd like to improve links into the tutorial.

I suggest that part of the fix for this issue is on the home page page Glossary in the first grouping "Parts of the documentation."

components: Documentation
messages: 323503
nosy: docs at python, jfine2358
title: Docs search does not index glossary
type: behavior
versions: Python 2.7, Python 3.4, Python 3.5, Python 3.6, Python 3.7, Python 3.8