[docs] [issue34464] There are inconsitencies in the treatment of True, False, None, and __debug__ keywords in the docs

R. David Murray report at bugs.python.org
Wed Aug 22 15:51:47 EDT 2018

R. David Murray <rdmurray at bitdance.com> added the comment:

I've removed 2.7 since those constants are not keywords in 2.7 (although None and __debug__ do raise syntax errors even in 2.7, they are not keywords there).  Which is almost certainly why the docs treat them inconsistently (leftovers from before they weren't keywords).

We only update docs for the actively maintained versions, so I've removed everything before 3.6.  I also tried to clarify the issue in the title.

I don't know why you mention NotImplemented, that's not a keyword.

The issue with __debug__ and keywords.py probably requires a code change, since that file is auto-generated.  Please open a separate issue for that.

Thanks for wanting to improve python!

nosy: +r.david.murray
title: docs: keywords are special - eg constants.html -> There are inconsitencies in the treatment of True, False, None, and __debug__ keywords in the docs
versions:  -Python 2.7, Python 3.4, Python 3.5