[docs] [issue11015] Bring test.support docs up to date

Terry J. Reedy report at bugs.python.org
Sun Feb 11 14:43:25 EST 2018

Terry J. Reedy <tjreedy at udel.edu> added the comment:

Since Nick already merged and backported, at least a new PR is needed.  Since this is an old issue with a long discussion and several inactives on the nosy list, I suggest a new issue starting from the merge result as a base: "More revisions to test.support docs".  Make a list of Serhiy's questions and comments.

TESTFN_NONASCII - How different from TESTFN_UNICODE?
PGO -  value? True/False?
TEST_SUPPORT_DIR - Not used.

Add Nick, Serhiy, and me as nosy.  We can discuss there how to handle the additional issues.

components: +Documentation, Tests
stage: backport needed -> resolved
status: open -> closed
versions: +Python 3.7