[docs] [issue32017] profile.Profile() has no method enable()

Antoine Pitrou report at bugs.python.org
Wed Feb 21 05:17:25 EST 2018

Antoine Pitrou <pitrou at free.fr> added the comment:

We can't remove public-looking methods (i.e. they don't start with an underscore) like that because some people may be using them.  Rather than document the differences, I think it would be more useful to try to bridge the gap by augmenting the profile API with whatever supplementary APIs cProfile has.  If some API is difficult to implement for profile, then we can revisit that goal and make an exception.