[docs] Bug in python tutorial

Bob Gailer bgailer at gmail.com
Fri Jan 5 11:28:59 EST 2018

On Jan 5, 2018 11:00 AM, "Rian van Kampen" <rianvankampen at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Im trying to learn python and i can not get the example of 4.1. If
statements to work.

We need more information.

What operating system are you using?

What version of python?

provide a link to the particular section of the tutorial you're trying.

What are you using to enter your program?

Copy and paste into your reply exactly what you entered in what you got.

Armed with this information we are much more able to help.

Keep in mind that most tutorials have been pretty thoroughly tested and it
is unlikely that the tutorial has a bug.

> Every time i fill out x and the first if statement i go to the elif
statement. As i put in the colon and hit enter to go to the next line to
write the print it executes the lines and gives me a syntax error. The elif
statement doesnt come on the same level als the first if statement. I cant
find the answer online so could you please help me out? And correct the
example of 4.1.?