[docs] [issue34237] faq/design: PEP 572 adds assignment expressions

Jonathan Fine report at bugs.python.org
Fri Jul 27 10:59:59 EDT 2018

Jonathan Fine <jfine2358 at gmail.com> added the comment:

I'm sorry. I apologise. I'm being a bit stupid. Everything is fine. Nothing to do.

In case you care, here's the situation. Python 3.8 is in development, and not yet released. Somehow, I'd got it into my mind that it had already been released.

So the PEP 572 header is correct. The PEP status is accepted, the feature is in development (including documentation), and all being well the feature and the documentation will appear in Python3.8.

By the way, according to https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0569/#id5, the first alpha is due 2019-01-27.

So please, all of you, accept my apologies.