[docs] [issue28710] Sphinx incompatible markup in the standard library

Terry J. Reedy report at bugs.python.org
Sun Jun 17 21:08:31 EDT 2018

Terry J. Reedy <tjreedy at udel.edu> added the comment:

master, and maybe backport from there, unless the PR never touches master.

I wonder if we should bring this up on pydev.  Without discussion and agreement, someone might object just because there are so many changes.  Or someone might say that they want the 'illegal' markup kept.

I see that the one docstring you linked to,
https://github.com/python/cpython/blob/master/Lib/configparser.py?ts=2#L26
had 9 occurences, 1 for each parameter.

I never see any warnings.  It must be that our build system somewhere discards them.