[docs] [issue32142] heapq.heappop - documentation misleading or doesn't work

Raymond Hettinger report at bugs.python.org
Sun Jun 24 03:13:56 EDT 2018

Raymond Hettinger <raymond.hettinger at gmail.com> added the comment:

We could apply David Murray's suggested wording but I don't think it would actually help anyone.  There are worked out examples from basic to advanced and a detailed section on the theory as well.

ISTM, that prior to reading the docs, the OP likely already had an incorrect mental model that caused the misreading of "maintaining" as "restoring".

For the most part, these docs have stood the test of time.  I don't see any StackOverflow questions about this either.  I recommend marking this as closed (the OP seems to now have a clear understanding of this so there isn't an open problem to be resolved).