[docs] [issue33114] random.sample() behavior is unexpected/unclear from docs

Raymond Hettinger report at bugs.python.org
Mon Mar 26 20:54:28 EDT 2018

Raymond Hettinger <raymond.hettinger at gmail.com> added the comment:

>  However, let me argue my case one more time, and if you still disagree, feel free to close this.

Thank you for expressing your ideas so clearly.  However, I'm going to go with Tim's recommendation and leave the docs as is.

At this point, you already have a complete understanding of what the tool does and how to use it, so there isn't anything at stake other than a feeling a vindication for a bug that is already resolved.  Looking to the needs of other users, I think we're best off not even bringing up non-guaranteed implementation details and instead follow the example of Numpy and R.  Thanks again for the suggestion, but we'll respectfully decline this time around.

resolution:  -> not a bug
stage:  -> resolved
status: open -> closed