[docs] [issue32798] mmap.flush() on Linux does not accept the "offset" and "size" args

Berker Peksag report at bugs.python.org
Wed Mar 28 20:32:01 EDT 2018

Berker Peksag <berker.peksag at gmail.com> added the comment:

By the way, there is a note in the "Change History" section of the msync() documentation at http://pubs.opengroup.org/onlinepubs/9699919799/

    The second [EINVAL] error condition is made mandatory.

The second EINVAL error condition they mention is:

    [EINVAL] The value of addr is not a multiple of the page size as returned by sysconf().

So unless I'm missing something obvious, the "the msync() function may fail if" part may now be outdated?

Also, I noticed that we don't have tests for mm.flush(offset) and mm.flush(offset, size) cases. It would be nice to add some tests even if we decide to not merge the documentation PR.