[docs] [issue33666] Document removal of os.errno

STINNER Victor report at bugs.python.org
Tue May 29 06:41:44 EDT 2018

STINNER Victor <vstinner at redhat.com> added the comment:

I like the idea of a generic sentence explaining that regularly we removed aliases to speedup Python startup time can remove aliases on purpose.

msg317876: "Here is a list of all names removed in 3.7 (except modules that was removed as a whole): (... long list ...)"

I agree that this list is very long. But I don't think that it would make sense to document all these removed symbols (aliases). IHMO it's more unlikely that someone gets the re module from "zipfile.re", than getting WeakSet from "abc.WeakSet". For "code.argparse", it's similar: the code module is a rarely used module, whereas argparse is a commonly used and known module.

My comments on the list.

Is already documented:

* os.stat_float_times: https://docs.python.org/dev/whatsnew/3.7.html#api-and-feature-removals
* collections.<many ABC classes>: https://docs.python.org/dev/whatsnew/3.7.html#id3
* token.ASYNC, token.AWAIT, tokenize.ASYNC, tokenize.AWAIT: they became keywords

Should be documented:

* os.errno: errno and os are tighly coupled, for example there is a os.strerror() function and OSError exception (named starting with "os") have an errno attribute

May be documented:

* inspect.ast: ast and inspect are tighly coupled to inspect code

Should not be documented:

* asyncio.*
* distutils.*
* concurrent.futures.*