[docs] [issue35329] Documentation - capitalization issue

Hans Strijker report at bugs.python.org
Tue Nov 27 11:43:56 EST 2018

New submission from Hans Strijker <hans at stry.org>:

In the documentation I noticed "from Package import specific_submodule". I recon package should be all lowercase in accordance with pep8.
(https://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0008/#package-and-module-names)

It may be far from the most important bug ever, but it's my first bug reported, and gotta start small... :-)

https://docs.python.org/3/tutorial/modules.html#importing-from-a-package

6.4.1. Importing * From a Package
Remember, there is nothing wrong with using from Package import specific_submodule! In fact, this is the recommended notation unless the importing module needs to use submodules with the same name from different packages.

components: Documentation
messages: 330537
nosy: Strijker, docs at python
title: Documentation - capitalization issue
versions: Python 3.7