[docs] [issue34903] strptime %d handling of single digit day of month

Mike Gleen report at bugs.python.org
Fri Oct 5 03:31:26 EDT 2018

New submission from Mike Gleen <mike.gleen at gmail.com>:

strptime correctly parses single digit day-of-month values (at least in the case of "%d %b %Y") which is the behavior I want. However, the documentation seems to say that the field must be two digits with a leading zero if necessary. So I hope that this is the intended behavior rather than just an accidental artifact. If so, then my suggestion is that the documentation be updated to reflect this.

components: Documentation
messages: 327109
nosy: Mike Gleen, docs at python
title: strptime %d handling of single digit day of month
type: behavior
versions: Python 3.6