[docs] [issue35020] Add multisort recipe to sorting docs

Karthikeyan Singaravelan report at bugs.python.org
Thu Oct 18 13:13:38 EDT 2018

New submission from Karthikeyan Singaravelan <tir.karthi at gmail.com>:

This issue handles the below :

1. Adding a link to sorting HOWTO from list.sort docs as per msg327901
2. Adding multisort recipe to sorting HOWTO with an example as per msg327925.

I have raised a PR (GH-9931) for #1 but the issue35010 was closed and hence I will link to this issue. I would also suggest adding single pass sorting example

multisort recipe : https://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-ideas/2016-October/043045.html
single pass recipe : https://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-ideas/2016-October/043126.html

Since English is not my first language feedback welcome on the wording.

Thanks

components: Documentation
messages: 327988
nosy: docs at python, xtreak
title: Add multisort recipe to sorting docs
type: enhancement
versions: Python 2.7, Python 3.6, Python 3.7, Python 3.8